Our message board for discussing parenting issues of Infant Gastric Reflux is at EVERYBODY (use "Gastric Reflux Discussion Board" link in the Member Area of our menu). Please refer to the guidelines on EVERYBODY.
- Please do not mention health professionals by name. You may be praising them but someone else may have a concern and the post could become damaging to the health professional concerned. As of May 2006, GRSNNZ has decided to waive this in regards to Dr Rodney Ford, as he is on their advisory forum and due to his studies on gluten sensitivity vs. coeliac disease (and the opposing opinions) is being of great help to many members. If problems occur, then they will be edited out. GRSNNZ's policy remains the same for other health professionals at this time.
- Remember that the written word can be taken the wrong way. Please don't be easily offended and try to word messages so that others won't take offense. If you really feel the need to post something that could be taken the wrong way, apologising in advance can help.
- Most of the information on Crying Over Spilt Milk is copyrighted and may not be reproduced on another site/publication without permission, but some may be printed for the personal use of families (and these pages will be clearly marked at the bottom with instructions.) Some material is used with permission and unless it is also stated that it may be printed, permission should be sought from the author (or Crying Over Spilt Milk) before printing.
- The information contained in this site is intended for New Zealand residents.
This list may be added to as issues become apparent. If you have any concerns please contact GRSNNZ
Additional guidelines on the use of the EVERYBODY forum added July 2007:
- As the moderators of the gastric reflux discussion forum GRSNNZ reserves the right to remove or edit any posts:
- that recommend another medication as being better or to treat conditions that it is not indicated for
- where dosages of medications are being compared in an unsafe manner as each child is an individual with differing needs
- where volumes of fluid drunken are counted and compared
- with personal attacks against other users including GRSNNZ staff
Further guidelines on the use of the Crying Over Spilt Milk forum added July 2009:
Crying Over Spilt Milk forums are moderated by Roz (RN). The other forums are moderated by mothers of children with reflux or who have had reflux. The moderators are notified of any new posts and visit the forums as soon as they are able to.
All users are by default considered as non medical professionals. If otherwise, it must also be stated.
If a health professional gives medical information as a platform user, his/her status as a medical professional must be identified.
Users and moderators must behave at all times with respect and honesty.
Moderators will intervene if posts become abusive or defamatory, or inappropriate content or spam are posted.
Medications and prescription foods may not be offered for sale/give away on these forums.
Users may be given a warning if they violate these terms
unintentionally, and will be banned if they choose to continue to post in this way.
If a user posts spam as their first post they will be banned immediately.
If your post is edited or deleted, please do not take it personally. GRSNNZ will only edit or delete posts where there is a safety concern because of how other users may interpret the advice. It does not mean that GRSNNZ thinks the medical advice given to you for your child was inappropriate but that it was intended for your child - not others.
Finally enjoy chatting, offering non-medical safe tips and being supportive to each other.